your opportunity to experience the TC process through participation, not observation
Monday, April 9-Friday, April 13, 2018
Pickaway Correctional Institution
11781 State Route 762
Orient, OH 43146
$199 for in-state attendees,
$299 for out of state attendees
(You will be redirected to the Youth to Youth site to complete registration)
Deadline to register is March 30th. Space is limited, so register early. Payment must be received by date of training. Selecting the ‘bill me later’ option upon registering is a confirmation of training attendance and payment.
This five-day immersion training provides professionals with a hands-on experience in the therapeutic community modality. A special core group of TC Members, along with staff, serve as your training team. Participants will be led through the entire program structure of a Therapeutic Community.
Key Topics Covered:
- History, theory and research relating to the TC model and its use in correctional settings.
- Learning and applying the TC structure, methods, language, rituals and phases in a training community.
- Experience and analyzing the 14 Generic Components of the TC and the eight concepts of Community as Method through parallels occurring in the training community.
- Understand how the TC model functions in a prison-based setting.
- Examining the roles, expectations, functions and developmental stages for counselors and custody staff in a correction based TC setting.
- Demonstrating beginning proficiency in basic TC activities and use of strategies.
- Mini Self Disclosure.
- Q/A Debrief.
- Who Am I/Write A Paragraph/What Did I Experience/What Is Community.
- Alumni/Inside and Outside.
Candace Paulucci, Ph.D., LCDCIII is a developer and an advocate of Therapeutic Communities (TC’s) in the State of Ohio for CompDrug. She is the Co-author of the Tapestry Immersion training, an experiential training for TC professionals held inside The Ohio Reformatory for Women (ORW). She has been involved since its inception in assisting in implementing statewide TC specific training curriculum and has been involved in the collaborative effort of committing to the fidelity of Therapeutic Communities in Ohio through combined trainings. Candace has presented at a variety of National Conferences outside the state and at the World Federation Conferences for Therapeutic Communities in New York City.
Annette Dominguez, has been a member of the Tapestry Therapeutic Community staff since 1993. Mrs. Dominguez has served Tapestry as a counselor, program supervisor and is currently the Program Director. Mrs. Dominguez has conducted numerous trainings throughout the State of Ohio including cross-disciplinary training and trainer of trainers. She has also trained criminal justice professionals from around the country on the therapeutic community modality. Mrs. Dominguez has presented at several national conferences on the subjects of aftercare and the Tapestry Alumni. Mrs. Dominguez is the Co-founder of the Tapestry Alumni established in 1995. She is also the co-author of the Tapestry Immersion Training, an experiential training for TC professionals held inside Ohio Reformatory for Women.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.