CompDrug Therapeutic Communities
your opportunity to experience the TC process through participation, not observation
Dates for our next training will be July 17-21.
This five-day immersion training provides professionals with a hands-on experience in the therapeutic community modality. A special core group of TC Members, along with staff, serve as your training team. Participants will be led through the entire program structure of a Therapeutic Community.
Key Topics Covered:
- History, theory and research relating to the TC model and its use in correctional settings.
- Learning and applying the TC structure, methods, language, rituals and phases in a training community.
- Experience and analyzing the 14 Generic Components of the TC and the eight concepts of Community as Method through parallels occurring in the training community.
- Understand how the TC model functions in a prison-based setting.
- Examining the roles, expectations, functions and developmental stages for counselors and custody staff in a correction based TC setting.
- Demonstrating beginning proficiency in basic TC activities and use of strategies.
- Mini Self Disclosure.
- Q/A Debrief.
- Who Am I/Write A Paragraph/What Did I Experience/What Is Community.
- Alumni/Inside and Outside.
Certificates for CEUs will be provided upon completion of training
One month prior to the training, all registered participants will receive via email a detailed Information sheet with directions to the location, entry requirements to the site, dress attire, and any other details.
Overnight Accommodations are the responsibility of the participants. They are hotels in the small town of Marysville, Ohio or in the Columbus NW suburb of Dublin, Ohio (30 – 40 minutes drive from ORW) . Contact Stephanie Patterson email@example.com for hotel names.
For more detailed information on this training contact, Candace Paulucci, Ph.D.; LICDC, Director of TC Development and Advocacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.496.9721
To register for this training, please contact Stephanie Patterson at email@example.com . Payment must be received by the date of training or secured with a Purchase Order.
Refunds can be made if written notice of cancellation is given within 7 days of the first day of the training.