CompDrug Therapeutic Communities
your opportunity to experience the TC process through participation, not observation
This five-day immersion training provides professionals with a hands-on experience in the therapeutic community modality. A special core group of TC Members, along with staff, serve as your training team. Participants will be led through the entire program structure of a Therapeutic Community.
Key Topics Covered:
- History, theory and research relating to the TC model and its use in correctional settings.
- Learning and applying the TC structure, methods, language, rituals and phases in a training community.
- Experience and analyzing the 14 Generic Components of the TC and the eight concepts of Community as Method through parallels occurring in the training community.
- Understand how the TC model functions in a prison-based setting.
- Examining the roles, expectations, functions and developmental stages for counselors and custody staff in a correction based TC setting.
- Demonstrating beginning proficiency in basic TC activities and use of strategies.
- Mini Self Disclosure.
- Q/A Debrief.
- Who Am I/Write A Paragraph/What Did I Experience/What Is Community.
- Alumni/Inside and Outside.
Please email email@example.com to request information when the next Immersion Training is scheduled.